- 1 guinea fowl
- 3 apples
- 200 g dried apricots
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 onions
- 50 g butter
- 150 ml cider
- 1 bouquet garni
- Salt and pepper
- Melt 25g butter in a cast iron pan. Season the guinea fowl and brown for 15 minutes. Remove the guinea fowl and place the chopped onions in the pan. Brown for 3 minutes.
- Put the bird in the pot and pour in 150 ml of cider. Add the bouquet garni and a pich of nutmeg. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Peel the apples and cut into quarters. Cover with the lemon juice and brown them in a pan with 25g butter for a few minutes.
- After 30 minutes of cooking, turn the guinea fowl and add the apples and apricots around the bird.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes covered.
Share this Recipe