- 1 Label Rouge Capon
- 50 cl port (or Floc de Gascogne)
- Salt and pepper
- 50 g wild rice
- 1/2 L chicken stock
- 25 g raisins (of currents)
- 100 g capon liver
- 150 g button mushrooms
- 1 small box of truffles peelings
- 1 small truffle or black trumpet mushrooms
- Prepare the stuffing. Cook the rice in the chicken stock. Mix the capon livers and button mushrooms.
- Add the cooked rice and raisins. Add the truffle peelings and the small truffle or black trumpet mushrooms finely chopped. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the inside of the poultry with stuffing. Truss the capon. Prick the skin of the capon thighs. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in a hot oven 200 ° C (gas mark 6/7) for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 150 ° C (gas mark 5) and bake for about 1 hour.
- Do not add fat, as the capon will exude enough. Baste during cooking. Degrease and deglaze the juice with a little water and port before serving.
- Serve the capon with vegetables sautéed in the capon juices.
Share this Recipe