- 1 female duck
- 200 g chicken fillets
- 400 ml cream (200ml for the stuffing and 200 ml for the emulsion)
- 150 g dry bread
- 100 ml milk
- 1 egg
- White pepper
- Spices - black pepper, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 200 ml white wine
- 100 g butter
- 500 g girolles
- 500 g chanterelles
- 400 g porcini mushrooms
- 400 g fresh or frozen green beans
- 80 g dried morel mushrooms
- Olive oil and sesame soy sauce (optional)
- Herbs according to your taste
- Lightlysauté the chanterelle and girolle mushrooms separately in butter, add the chopped shallots and parsley after cooking, keep to one side for the stuffing and the garnish.
- Mix the poultry meat quickly (to avoid overheating), add the dry bread softened in milk, two cloves of garlic, cream and egg, season with salt, white pepper, and 2 pinches of spices (black pepper, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon).
- Add 1/3 of the girolles and chanterelles (save the rest for the garnish). Stuff the duck making sure to sew the opening to prevent any "leakage".
- Place in a pan (preferably cast iron)the carrots and onions, 4 cloves of crushed garlic, as wel as any duck trimmings (neck, wing...). Also pour in a glass of white wine.
- Add the duck, brush with olive oil and bake, covered, in a hot oven (200°C).
- During cooking, baste frequently, then after an hour, uncover and leave for 15 more minutes in the oven without the lid. Make sure the duck is cooked and cover with aluminium foil to let the flesh rest. Collect the juices from the duck to make the morel mushroom emulsion.
- Lightly sauté the porcini mushrooms in butter, season to taste. The 3 mushrooms can be reheated separately or served together. Cook the beans in boiling salted water until al dente, drain, and plunge into ice water.
Morel mushroom emulsion :
- Rehydrate the mushrooms in warm water. Drain and roughly chop them. Sauté in the butter, season and deglaze with the degreased duck juices. Reduce, then add the cream, and reduce again. Mix a blender to make the morel emulsion (do not mix too long or it may become butter). Keep the cream frothy.
- Cut the duck into 8 pieces, remove the stuffing and cut into generous slices. The green beans can be warmed or served cold with a vinaigrette (olive oil, soy sauce) and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Share this Recipe